[ROM] Khadas Vim SCV1-ATV (Android TV)

I also can not install play store app.

I also have this problem and found that I skip wizard after first boot :slight_smile: So do factory reset and on first boot use setup wizard.

Hi
I don´t understand. Could you explain how to activate again Google Store/Services ?
Regards
Andrew

Go to settings -> storage and reset -> factory data reset, when format finished VIM will reboot, on first boot choose setup wizard and set wifi and google account. After this you will get working google play. I use latest SCV2-ATV and now I have full working ATV with Kodi and other apps.

1 Like

Many thanks, done.
Best regards
Andrew

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Update failed using USB cable and boot failed from SD card

First of all I want to thank you for all the hard work and your awesome ROM! It really shines, first stable android rom for khadas vim with all the bells and whistles which didn’t crash and hang apps every few minutes (hello official android roms). But one thing missing - GPIO ports doesn’t work, I’m talking about iomux for I2S (PIN29-33) for external audio DACs. Can you please add support for I2S GPIO in your upcoming update or release? It will be ultimate rom for home entertainment system or desktop-like android system.Your work is really game changer for many users of Khadas VIM. Good luck!

This rom is great. Unlike official rom.

How do you perform reboot by using remote?
With remote, i cant select power button.
Reboot app (app drawer) doesnt work.

Hi to all, thanks for the job, but i have a problem when i install iptv extreme, this app tell me " no valid mac adress" and is impossible to continue with iptv extreme
Can i resolve this on my VIM pro? Same problem to with the SCV1 and SCV2…
thanks to all

@superceleron great news!!!
When do you plan to release a new “Normal” ROM for VIM2?

Is it possible to get an update ATV for VIM1.
Thanks for your job.

I will try but can not promise it, since all depends of my available free time.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I dream about this update.

Hi Superceleron

Can you tell us how we can acquire android tv source code (SDK) so I would be able to compile it for my own?
(the full SDK may have a size of about 30G ?)
thank you @superceleron

(If you share your repo with us, You will be the real hero! Although you already show your develop power!)

Hi Superceleron

It’s sad to say but still no update to ATV for VIM1.

Is it possible to get an update ATV for VIM1.
Thanks for your job.

I will try to get you guys a update…

4 Likes

Wait wait… how about android 8 atv?? na you guys dont want that… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you for your investment in the community.
i can’t wait to see your work.