[resolved] Pb with mkinitramfs .... open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory

Hello,
I am trying to create my own system by following the commands of the following link:

The problem is that I’m stuck when I created Initrd.

Indeed by launching the following command:
“sudo chroot / mnt / mkinitramfs kvimrootfs -o /boot/initrd.img $ (cat ~ / project / linux / include / config / kernel.release)”

I have the following errors:
"open / dev / fb0: No such file or directory
/etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: 4: /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: can not create / sys / class / display / mode: Directory nonexistent
/etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: 6: /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: can not create / sys / class / graphics / fb0 / free_scale: Directory nonexistent
/etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: 7: /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/khadas_init.sh: can not create / sys / class / graphics / fb0 / freescale_mode: Directory nonexistent "

I tried to create the files and directory manually, but after completion of the file update.img, I find myself with a Kvim without screen and ethernet connection.

I did several research, but nothing and done.

Thank you for all the help you can give me.

Sincerely Marc.

Hello,

I continue my search since the baby to solve the problem of missing files.

• The kvim_defconfig is ok
  • I have the modules: mali.ko and others to create

Logging in: sudo chroot / mnt / kvimrootfs, I tried to load the following modules: mali, aufs and dhd, I had a problem indicating that the file / proc / modules did not exist. After its creation, I manage to load a module (modprobe mali) but it does not appear in the list (lsmod), and I do not see an error message.

While waiting for your support, I continue my research, on the creation of the file / proc / modules.

Sincerely Marc.

Hello,
I think the problem comes from the installation of the “DEBOOTSTRAP”.

Sincerely Marc.

Hi marc_059,

You want to build your own image? Maybe you can try this:

http://forum.khadas.com/t/use-fenix-scripts-to-build-your-own-ubuntu-image/1256

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your help, but I tried this method and I had more problem.

On the other hand, I have advanced, it is good debootsrtap that poses problem.

In fact, when I command “sudo chroot / mnt / kvimrootfs / debootstrap / debootstrap --second-stage”, I have at first “ll / mnt / kvimroots / proc / | wc -l”, 319 files and when order is over I have more than 3 left.

I run this command under Ubuntu Kvim2, which serves me development.
I tried on another server machine (x86), but it does not have enough space on the disk to perform the operation.

Maybe that’s where all my problems come from.

Sincerely Marc.

2 Likes

In fact it’s normal, since I did not have to edit the directories, which is done by the following commands:

“mount -t sysfs /sys /mnt/kvimrootfs/sys
mount -t proc /proc /mnt/kvimrootfs/proc
mount --bind /dev /mnt/kvimrootfs/dev
mount -t devpts /dev/pts /mnt/kvimrootfs/dev/pts
mount --bind /tmp /mnt/kvimrootfs/tmp”

Sincerely Marc.