Linux Ubuntu on Android Box

Yes,you need to do the preparations

in this link, Do I need to create a single folder and clone all the repositories one by one to the same folder or should I follow as in the doc: first get clone u-boot, go to u-boot dir, then build the bootloader, without going back, clone the linux repo to this directory and then build the linux kernel, and build the ramfs into the same disk?

In the preparations, Do I need to modify some parameters using the USB to TTL debug board to access the U-boot in Android Box? or just use the pacakges necessary for the installation?

Yes,you need to do it by this

If you only flash the final image onto your EMMC,you don’ need to use the Usb TTL

You also can flash our official Ubuntu firmware and look this

Hi, Allan:
Does your issues got resolved? Just let us know if still get stuck.

Thanks!

Hi,

I haven’t still got the issues resolved. What I have is a boot.img, and a rootfs.img. I am still stuck at getting both the images onto an SD card as a single image file and install on the Android box. Please let me know, how can I continue from here. I tried all the links. But couldn’t find the /aml_upgrade_package.conf or the upgrade or the update.img from this link

You can check images_upgrade repository on Github for details.

Note that there are two configuration files in the repository:

• package.conf: for Linux Distro
  • package_dualos.conf: for Android + Linux Distro dual boot

Seems that we need got the documents updated. :smile:

since im using an Android box, should I need to go with the dualos conf?

I’m not quite sure what do you mean here about an Android box? do you mean Khadas VIM?

Up to you, try it if you want to build dual boot ROM.

No I am not using Khadas VIM. I am using an MXPro box.

Actually, VIM comes with S905X, and all the source code in our Github just tested on Khadas VIM.

I don’t know the SoC of MXPro box, you can refer the Khadas documents and take a try. :slight_smile:

I replaced the ramdisk.img and rootfs.img with the built images. Please let me kow if I am doing wrong somewhere.
I am going with the package.conf. Not dualboot.
Do I need to use all of the u-boot.bin files? since I am using a USB pendrive for installation?

Please let me know what all files I need to remove as unnecessary from the cloned git repo folder or should I include all files to build image?

Thanks,

I couldn’t find logo.img file in the built images. Any idea to build one?

Regarding the U-Boot files, check the [Khadas Docs] for deails:

• u-boot.bin: for onboard EMMC storage booting
  • u-boot.bin.sd.bin: for uSD card booting

Yes

Okay, So now I got the final update.img built. I just need t copy the final image to a USB or SD card and insert into the box and start the device?

If you follow the instructions to pack the update.img, note that it’s for eMMC storage only mentioned as the title.

Yes I have followed the instructions and packed the updated image. How will I load onto the eMMC storage through USB? I Just need to copy the image plainly to the USB and insert into the box and reboot? or any specific instructions like update the software?

For your reference:
http://docs.khadas.com/bootcamp/UpgradeViaUSBCable/