LibreELEC for Khadas VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 (SD & USB & eMMC)

1. In the first post of this topic there is a link to a site where there are images with LE.
  2. There are several options LE for VIM.

a. official (outdated)
b. build Kszaq and Afl1 for S905\S905X. From the description and the details of usage you can find here

c. My build. Description and details of use are described in this topic.

Script to embed data and settings LE in emmc (system start-up from external media and data\setings are placed in internal memory eMMC). Regular Android or other OS in eMMC remain unchanged.

The details of why this is necessary , you can read in this thread.

Pay attention to not run steps from this topic to do. Simply replace the script s905_autoscript on an external drive, the new version (download from the link and replace the existing on an external drive). Copy and rename s905_autoscript_data_to_emmc to s905_autoscript. Script works with all carriers - SD card and USB flash drive.

Image update, version 20170915.

In this version added a script s905_autoscript_data_to_emmc. This script is intended for running the system from external media (SD card or USB flash drive) with the location of the user’s data and settings LE in the internal memory eMMC.
To use this option, you need to rename the script s905_autoscript_data_to_emmc in s905_autoscript. I recommend before replacing the script, save the primary file s905_autoscript to return to the previous use case, where data and settings are stored on an external drive from which you are running the system.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your support in this. I successfully run LibreElec from the SD card now, which works perfectly !

Just finished watching my first complete 4K movie (from NAS). Works really good, not one stutter detected.

Thanks again !!!

B

Update image ver KVIM_20170925

Version 20170925 Librelec for VIM2 (s912). The composition has a correct dtb file (copy in manual it is not necessary). To use must be activated universal multiboot.

Update image

1. KVIM_20171010

2. KVIM2_20171010

2 Likes

Hey balbes150, i have a khadas vim with your software on the emmc installed. Do i just update using the kvim.tar file? Or do i have to put the dtb file in the update folder too? Thanks

Edit: Just used the Kvim.tar file. Cant be easier:slight_smile:

Hi, balbes150.
Thanks for LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.4_20171010-KVIM.
To date, this is the best version.
All the functions that I have tried work.
Most of all pleased with the work of Bluetooth.
The problem described in this topic is exhausted:

2 Likes

Спасибо за регулярные проверки и отчёты. :wink:
У меня, к сожалению, не хвататет времени на все проверки, а так Вы помогаете понять, что они работают. Скачиваний много, а работает или нет - не понятно.

Hi guys,

I have an issue with libreelec and or khadas vim together. Certain videofiles like the web-dl and webrip ntb releases start with a hard buzzing noise. I then have to stop the video and restart it after a minute or so and then the hard buzzing noise is gone… Does anyone knows what this causes? Because my tv (sony kdl 32inch) hasnt changed. Because i was using a raspberry pi3 before without any issues… Anyone?

A link to the video file to download and try.

I think i found the issue. My sony tv is 2.0 and the libreelec sound settings were 5.1. Since i changed it to 2.0 the loud buzzing noise is gone with those particular files: https://rarbg.to/torrent/h83y97q and this https://rarbg.to/torrent/jqrd6kn

Hi, are u gonna keep updating your build? Thanks

Yes. In the coming days will be update.

1 Like

Updated images LE for

VIM2 S912 20171104 KVIM

VIM S905X 20171104 KVIM2

KODI 17.5

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Are u using the latest 17.5.1 kodi update? Thanks

Hi, Balbes150:
Does your ROM support 4K HDR video decoding?

Hi Gouwa
I don’t have such equipment, I haven’t checked.

1 Like

Im using khadas vim. I assume i should download the image with *-KVIM-img.gz. Correct?

The steps

1. Write the image to SD or USB
  2. Rename the file “remote.conf.vim” in “remote.conf” (what is this file do?)
  3. Insert SD or USB into Khadas Vim. Power up khadas vim. Check Libreelec if it works. Once satisfied, choose from menu “Reboot to Install to eMMC”. The system will automatically install the LE in the internal memory (eMMC).

Are my understanding correct?