Khadas VIM2 Preview

Agree, that’s why VIM2 feature with WOL and SPI Flash. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gouwa : @narmstrong definitely deserves one early bird sample board so that he can begin to do his magic on it as soon as possible

4 Likes

Looking nice, good specs.
Looking forward to make some custom android rom like i did to VIM1.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this launching… When can we start pre-ordering and what is the price point for the Vim2 Pro and Max?

I Hope it’s soon as I want to stick with Khadas but there are a lot of s912 devices out there at a really good price point that are in stock here in the UK

for what would you use a vim2 that the vim1 does not do yet ?
beware of the quality of the support and the availability of firmware/doc/sources updates to stick to linux and android evolution over the time and to fix bugs

fully aware of the pitfalls when it comes to buying device of this ilk… have a lot of experience with various brands here over the years. As for support I rely on the community we have on the likes of Freaktab, as well as on here, to help most of the time. And lets be honest it the small and devoted community that push devices like this further and keep us up to date, not necessarily the developers of the boards.

Amlogic are a work progress just like other brands of SoC

Baylibre do work http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/03/06/mainline-linux-on-64-bit-arm-amlogic-socs-and-tv-boxes-such-as-wetek-hub-player-2-nexbox-a1-a95x-etc/

Exact, please keep an eye on the Wiki for updates: http://linux-meson.com/doku.php

Can I get an engineering sample for carPC stress testing?

I tested the Khadas VIM1. VIM work without errors.I drove 1,000 km in 40 degree heat. VIM was no fan, only heatsink. The CPU temperature 69 degrees, when watching a video through YouTube up to 81 degrees maximum. The internal chassis temperature is 43 degrees. Time of continuous work more than 15 hours. The test was repeated 4 times - it is 4200 km (4 days). The VIM1 works perfectly!

Temp on case

CPU temp

My case :slight_smile:

Working time

My case again

Vim with heatsink, RTS battery and gps/glonass reciver

7 Likes

nice setup ! I also would like to install mine later in a car. but not for playing media, what os and which app do you use in there?

I use android M6, I built it by yourself.
Navigation programs:
-navitel
-2gis
-yandex navigator
-maps.me

HD music player - Neutron

You can see it this Car Installation

2 Likes

Following this with great excitement.

Seeing how July (previous expected launch date) has come and gone; when is the next ETA?

Also, having read the threads about thermal, wifi and general testing - are there any new updates to share? Will there for instance be heatsink options available for purchase at launch?

Finally, being someone that prefers more “discrete” cases; will there be board blueprints so one can design their own – or even better – will there be more casing options available?

Try OsmAnd+ - I find it the best ever navigation software. And it’s open-source :wink:

1 Like

are you porting Tianocore (edk2)? what’s the progress?)

I am working on my own UEFI implementation :smiley: for mips and arm. So I kind of “did”. If you have some interest, please PM.)

VIM2 on SMT factory :smile:

And will launch soon on Gearbest.com.

5 Likes

Now that is a cluster. :rofl:

I see VIM2 firmwares have been posted on Khadas Docs.:+1:

When device tree and WiFi driver is posted, I can make LE work for the VIM2. :wink:

6 Likes

@Gouwa Do you have an ETA for publishing Vim2 sources on GitHub?

We will publish VIM2 source on GitHub in next week.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you @Terry. This is good to know before someone asks when is LE going to work on VIM2. :wink: