Khadas VIM2 Multiprocessing Cluster

Hi guys,

I’m trying to setup a cluster for multiprocessing services (like webservices or inet services through tcp) with 3 khadas VIM2 boxes (for testing purposes, if I get this thing working I’ll scale up to 10), but I am quite new in this matter. I got MPICH2 (C/C++) working and executing some simple tasks, but it doesn’t covered what I looking for and I don’t know how compile it to not use mpirun or mpiexec. I also tested dispy (Python) that fits a little more with my needs because I can write the webservice or tcp service and then send the object with the tasks to the different boxes.

I would like to know your experience with Khadas and if someone got success with something similar.

Thanks!,

Jorge V

2 Likes

How about using a Docker swarm? Here is an article explaining how to do it with a Odroid MC1 cluster, should be easy to apply it to a VIM2 cluster.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response huantxo, I’ll give it a try.

Regards!,

Jorge V

Related to this topic (the older posts may be outdated):

Hello all. I’ve been meaning to set up a cluster for a while now but have been putting it off for ages. As you will soon read it really has been a long time. I can’t find any info for the 1st Gen VIM. I was wondering if everything that I’m able to find on the VIM2 cluster compatible with the VIM1? I have 3 of them. I’m really kicking myself for not making the time to work on it sooner. Back when it was the only option. I really hope that it dosn’t make much of a difference. Thanks for reading.

1 Like