Khadas Vim info

I mean components’ work in general. Like non-working bluetooth or wifi or video acceleration in kodi.

Libreelec build for C2 is not suitable? Not seeing ready-to-use project on github.

Gearbest as sending the device right now? Or its a preorder?

Hi, Elgato:
We have released LibreELEC ROM for the VIM, check the link for more details.

in the video the user hold remote look like beelink model…

Can the Google Play store be side-loaded on the Vims version of Android?

Yes, just make sure that the you enable Unknown sources in the Settings.

• What HDR standards does it support? HDR10 and/or Dolby Vision?
  • Does 4K playback support h.264@60fps? (i see h.265 is listed)
  • Does the card come by default in a multi-boot configuration? (the info I see simply mentions many OSs supported) If so, can I make it a single-boot (android) to regain space?
  • Will the Android OS continue to be developed? (many projects get abandoned)
  • How is DLNA/Miracast implemented? Is it turned on in Android?
  • Can I update the OS on the EMMC via linux? (i see windows info)
  • I would prefer a Barrel Jack to power the unit (so I can keep USB-C) so I think I can use the VIN connector? Do yiu have a link to info/cable howto?

I wanted to say, I love the layout of the Vim. The ports being on one side is a big plus in my opinion. I hope my order ships soon so I can start tinkering. :smiley:

It’s HDR10 and HLG HDR, but not Dolby Vision.

4K H.265/VP9 60fps, and low latency 1080p h.264 60fps. Take a look of the datasheet of S905X for further info.

• The board pre-installed with android
  • VIM Pro model(16GB eMMC) is recommenced for multi-OS on-board EMMC
  • VIM model(8GB eMMC) can also support multi-OS, would be better install 2nd OS on TF card or USB Disk

Yes, we will.

Yes, on Android

Yes, check Khadas Docs for the instructions

Yes, VIN extra power supply port would be okay for Barrel Jack adapter.
Sorry, not yet now.

Thanks.

Does this mean we will get for example upgrade to nougat, or we will only see maybe some squashed bugs?

Most of devices sold, never get any Os upgrade, so you are saying this board will change things?

You have said you will list accesories this week, tomorrow is saturday, and i don’t believe anything will be added this weekend?

Still nothing listed on Gearbest…

Gearbest made the most useful Vim video, i learned a lot about the board in those few minutes, tbh i was really happy after viewing it, didn’t regret my decision to buy the device.

So my question is when will we be able to see more videos, tutorials, and all the stuff related to the board, i want to know how to use it in every possible way, i want to see it in action.

I know i ask too much, and maybe i am boring, but i am excited to see what i bought, and few more videos would be a good commercial for the board.

It’ s not boring, as a dev board, many will buy the VIM as a learning platform. I would expect many will thirst for the same info you are wanting. Count me among them. Much to learn.
All in due time.
:slight_smile:

Hi, Tommy21:

Yes, you are right, and our team are updating more tutorials/documentations on Khadas Docs for our users.

As the videos, we arranged 20PCS VIM Pro to different website editors last month, but shipment take some time, anyway, I think videos and reviews from them would be ready in this month.

Trebor got his box, and posted some benchmarks on freaktab. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me again, first of all merry christmas and happy new year to all of you!

Still haven’t received the device, but i have few more questions.

As you have said, gpio can be used to add 2 more usb ports, i will need them asap :slight_smile:, how can i connect them, do i need official Vim stuff, or can i use for example something made for raspberry pi, odroid etc…

I want to buy a fan too, and still nothing on gearbest, why is it delayed?

Hi, Tommy21:
Happy new year!

Yes, there are 2 USB port on GPIO, check the pinout for further info.

In normal, all the VIM ROMs will support the 2 GPIO-USB two, same withe the port-USBs.
What do you mean examples make for RPI or odroid?

About cooling fan, we took order to a Taiwan factory, but still need some time when fans available to sale.
And as the other accessories for VIM, we will push Gearbest to online for sale.

So this is running at 1.5 GHz max?

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/28/amlogic-s905-and-s912-processors-appear-to-be-limited-to-1-5-ghz-not-2-ghz-as-advertised/

Yes, this is few months old news, it’s Amlogic fault.

A post was split to a new topic: How to upgrade with new ROMs

The hardkernel team found a way to run S905@1.75 GHz
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=23044&start=250&hilit=1.7+Ghz&sid=ed9e7c84a55af4dd615a27b1878ea19e

A post was split to a new topic: How to use the USB ports on GPIO