How to use a "native portrait mode" LCD?

I would like to use a “native portrait mode” FHD LCD (it means it is 1080x1920), the Sharp LS059T1SX01 (PDF data sheet here: http://diyprojector.info/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=27735) for a car pc project. I bought it on Aliexpress with a MIPI controller board having a standard HDMI socket.

As it is 1080x1920 and not 1920x1080 it does not work when I connect it to VIM2, screen is blank.
It works with my Windows notebook however when I change the orientation in Display settings.

Could you please point me to the right direction how I can configure the Android/Linux kernel on the VIM2 to use it? Or how I can change Android/Linux kernel source to use it?

Many thanks!

on linux try adding
Option "Rotate" "CW"
to xorg.conf Device section

on android I had to to remove
persist.sys.app.rotation=force_land
from /system/build.prop and replace it with
persist.sys.app.rotation=original

and force portrait mode in the app.

Thank you!
Will give it a try soon!

I tried it, but unfortunately does not work.
It just came to my mind later that this solution just frees the device from forced landscape and it should be the app itself to take care about portrait/landscape. But I use Play Store apps not own apps and also want the kernel boot image to be displayed correctly.

Fiddling with another Windows notebook and this LCD panel a bit more suggests that some close-to-hardware settings/source functions should be changed. When connecting this display first to a notebook the backlight flashes first (showing there is an error) but after a couple of seconds it is recognized as a 1080x1920 monitor and a portrait orientation image appears on it.

I do not know too much (yet :slight_smile: ) about how Android graphics and the underlying Linux frame buffer works but I am getting sure that the solution is there. I would appreciate if any of you can help me to shorten this learning curve!