! help ! installing libreelec Kodi Krypton on SD card

Hello.

Just got my new VIm and im struggling to install kodi krypton on it.
I’ve wiped the emmc memory and manged to install Vim_LibreELEC_V170116 on the sd card but this is Jarvis.

I’ve downloaded every image i could find here and used win32 disk imager to write it to the SD but so far nothing the VIM wount even boot.
tried:
LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0.2.img
LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.3_20170614.img
LibreELEC-S905.VIM.aarch64-8.0.1_20170223.img

What am i doing wrong ??
How can i get kodi Krypton runing on my vim ?

Thanks,
Idan.

Hello.

this is how I’ve manage to have LibreElec workign from SDCard

1. Have Android Vim_Nougat_Root_170421 installed on Khadas Vim eMMC

2. Write either LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0.2.img, or LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2b.img from kszaq to the SD Card with win32 disk imager

3. Delete “dtb.img” from SD Card if exists.

4. Install aml_autoscript:
    Have the aml_autoscript.zip on the root of the SD Card. Boot from Android, go to settings and find “Update and Backup App”, under the UpdateLocale section. Click Select, select aml_autoscript.zip, click update. Note: Leave “Wipe Data” and “Wipe Media” unchecked/unticked. The Vim will reboot, it will do so a couple of times.

Voilá, LibreElec booting.

ezlmf

2 Likes

Thanks ! will try that.

If i deleted the emmc memory can i rewrite it with Android ?

Yes you can, though I think it would be better to test LibreElec booting form SD Card, check if everything is working as expected, then install on eMMC.

If you need to go back to Android, then it’s just a matter of downloading the android firmware + USB Tool available at docs.khadas.com and upgrade by USB cable.

Thanks ! will try it today.

you wrote:
"Yes you can, though I think it would be better to test LibreElec booting form SD Card, check if everything is working as expected, then install on eMMC."
Tried that, this is way i wiped the emmc memory and discovered that i can only boot the khadas version of kodi javis.

I will try your way with first installing “Android Vim_Nougat_Root_170421” and continue to work from there…

OK i downloaded the Vim_Nougat_Root_170612 used Win32 to burn it to and SD card and nada…
Tried powering on and pressing the reset button and powering on with the function but still nothing.

What am i missing here ??

You will need to install Nougat on emmc, and you can follow the instructions from this link, http://docs.khadas.com/bootcamp/UpgradeViaUSBCable/

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much ! it worked ! and from internal memory !!

Again Thanks…

1 Like