Happy christmas to all ! and .... is there some frenchy guys?

Hello to all,
I have VIM2, and it works fine on android. But, i would use ubuntu …
I don’t understant précisely what must i do for that.
My computer is under Ubuntu 17.10, I don’t have à windows or mac computer …

Is there a french guy who can explain to me, step by step ? (or english person but
in step by step process ? )

thanks a lot !
José

Hi, Jose:
Happy Christmas!

You can just try reply with your local language, we added Google Translation feature for Khadas Forum, which can translate most of the languages to the different local language setup by users, take a try!

Back to your questions, for Linux users, check Create Burning uSD Card via CLI for the instructions.

Enjoy!

ok ! merci beaucoup pour votre réponse !
je termine d’emballer les cadeaux de noel et je reviens dans 2 jours chez moi pour regarder tout çà !

merci et bonne fêtes !

José

2 Likes

bonjour jose6a

pour information pour créer une “Burning uSD Card via CLI” dans les commandes décrites ne pas oublier de remplacer “Gouwa” par ton dossier personnel.

bonne fêtes de fin d’année à tous.

Hi Phenn and Gouwa,

I donwloaded VIM_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14_U-boot-V2018.01-rc3_SD-USB_alpha-V180106
after downloading I use Etcher to burn the file khadas_vim_sd-usb.img on the TF card…

plug the card on VIM and ?? power on … and … nada, nothing happens …

please can i have a step by step list of instructions to install Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14 on my VIM2

thx !

Hello
I am French, but I am still waiting for my khadas vim2, ordered end of November.

Hi Fred !
where are you from ? it seems to me that i know your name, I’m from Tricastin :-:sunglasses:

I am from Dijon, I have not tested the khadas vim2

ah ok! I’m from Avignon.
I’am testing my Vim2 since 2 o 3 months, it is faster than Raspberry PI !
And I want to migrate to ubuntu.
But it is a little difficult …

thx

What’s the problems your met? :blush:

Hi Gouwa ! thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I donwloaded VIM_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14_U-boot-V2018.01-rc3_SD-USB_alpha-V180106
after downloading I use Etcher to burn the file khadas_vim_sd-usb.img on the TF card…

plug the card on VIM and ?? power on … and … nada, nothing happens …

please can i have a step by step list of instructions to install Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14 on my VIM2

thx !

@numbqq please help out.

Hi jose6a,

VIM_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14_U-boot-V2018.01-rc3_SD-USB_alpha-V180106 is only for VIM. VIM2 is not supported yet.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi numbqq, here is what I bought :

Khadas VIM An Open Source TV Box AP6255 802.11b / n / g / ac WiFi - 2GB+16GB
(https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_580663.html?wid=21)

So I would like to “migrate” it into linux , it is possible and, if yes, how ?

I use Ubuntu 17.10 on my principal computer at Home.

Thanks for your help.

Hi jose6a,

You got VIM, and it’s possible to run image V180106. But something you should to know, it’s SD/USB image you should activate the multi-boot, you can refer to the following reply.