DVB/DTV Extension Board for VIM2 (VTV)

Is it work on android Nougat?

Yes, DVB is only work on android Nougat ROM.

dear sergeenkov73

------------- yes, for current design, PVR only record stream into external storage (USB/SD Card), I will modify the software to give a option to let user can choose to record into internal storage.

1 Like

Is it works on your ROM only? Is source support it too?

You can download DVB_Patch to build your ROM.
But I haven’t the source code of DVB application.

1 Like

You can make a patch for 32 bit Android ?

I have successfully built Android Nougat with VTV app preinstalled, see my post in VTV building thread.

1 Like

@Frank.DTV Did you have 32 bit DVB application ?

@Terry @Vitaliy_S
please check VTV APK for 7.1 32bits

1 Like

Thank you, It works, DVB-T2 find all channels, but DVB-S/S2 not found any channel. Signal/Quality is good.

can you take a photo of DVB-S/S2 antenna settting & signal status?

Sorry for my mistake, DVB-S/S2/T2 working great on Android Nougat 32 bit!
Thank you!
Is it possible to add Oscam support?

@Vitaliy_S

yes, it’s supportted already, please refer to topic Android build with DTV Support

Hello, Frank.DTV! I am a noob in linux bash and I would require a bit of help.

I’m trying to install the driver AVL6862_2.10.7-R848 in Ubuntu mate and I have problems in doing so. Basically, what I managed to do so far is to get the driver from the github https://github.com/avlogic/AVL6862 and I’m trying to compile it in Ubuntu mate.

The problem is that I cannot find anything familiar to me (e.g. “install.sh” or something like that).

Can you guide me a bit into what should I do?

Many thanks!

@Dyaus
Hi, sorry , but I don’t have experience of Linux(Ubuntu) dvb, we are focus on android platform now.

Any way to make a dbt.img to work with LibreElec, like the KIII Pro?

Do you think would be possible to make a box for both, VIM2 and VTV?

Hi Frank, does it decode 4k (UHD) dvb-s2 channels?

yes, 4K is supported.

1 Like

Well just to inform my “Normal” version and the “ATV” version for the VTV(they can also be used normal VIM2 without the VTV board) are done.
I will be posting it them this weekend

2 Likes

Maybe i have missed something so i am going to ask :slight_smile:
Is there any development on vTV board under Linux and especially with Libreelec?

My experience with vTV/VIM2 MAX and Libreelec is pretty-much the same as the problem explained here

I am really not happy with Android. I have tried all possible variants and available builds on my VIM and VIM2 including with and without vTV board. Actually my fav Android setup is Khadas Android 7.1.2 with Android TV apps sideloaded on and Kodi as a Launcher :))) But comparing to the experience using native Android TV on Shield … Best think using android and Kodi is 1080p/4K videos and suggestions on YouTube :slight_smile: Actually i can’t imagine why somebody will use Android in Khadas having all this good stuff in Linux and Libreelec as STB?! May be because of YouTube streaming in 4K?!