DVB/DTV Extension Board for VIM2 (VTV)

hi takitr,
for the current PIN config, there is not more space for the smart card reader.
and anyway, we can use USB card reader if necessary.

Hello Frank.DTV, Any chance ATSC(US) tuner will be an option?
Thanks.

helll RDFTKV
yes, it’s also possible to support ATSC tuner board, software is ready(except VCHIP)
we would like to check if it’s necessary in the next release.

1 Like

Awesome project!! Thank you for sharing. Looking at VIM or VIM2 for a set top box project. Was just looking at new android usb otg ATSC tuners hoping that I could use a type c to mini adapter and get working on vim. This is better approach. Only in USA we do not have dbv/dvt. I also am very curious about ATSC. Would happily test/ purchase/ help to fund… How can we start a board with atsc tuner to test?

hi dkuchay, we will start VTV board with Combo DVB S2/T2/C first, about ATSC, we need to check for the next step. Anyway, we need to know how much requirement of VIM2+ATSC, or event OTT+ATSC, Could you help me on this kind of information? tks.

What about decoding encrypted DVB-C stream? I’m interested in CONAX Common Interface - like capability.

One option could be having software based Conditional Access Module like OSCam. In that way maybe it would be enough to plug in any Smart Card USB reader to read cable TV card for OSCam to retrieve certificates for channel decryption.

What are the options for this VTV board?

I’m really interested in buying one if there’s a chance I could get encrypted DVB-C channels to work with it :slight_smile:

Dear Gytis
1. Hardware CA is not supportted as you can see from the POGO pins there is not more interface for the CA/CI
2. Oscam is support

So in that case would USB smart card reader do the job for it?

As you said you’ll be focusing on Android, good news - there is OSCam for Android too :slight_smile:

I do have X Solo mini3 set-top box which runs OpenPLI. Even though it has integrated smart card reader, Conditional Access Module is software based - either OSCam or a few proprietary ones to choose from. Because OSCam is open source, that is my primary choice.

Is this GearBest link the direct way to pre-order your board? :slight_smile:

--- yes , usb card reader is supportted (e.g smartreader protocal)

---  yes
1 Like

I wonder, with the Extension Board mounted on top of VIM2 as in photo, is there a way to have the entire HW protected using original case parts. Perhaps with an extra kit containing screws and shafts?

hi tasinofan

for current design, we have to remove the case of VIM2
we will consider to make a new case for the whole part.

2 Likes

Hello,
I need to ask, If Extension support Cccam Protocol in menu ?
do you have a Demo video about menu ?

hi
Go to Installation menu (after select DVB S/S2 or T/T2 or C), and press password "999999"
it will open a new window named “Smart Data Manager”, you will see Cccam there.

Hello,
do you have a print-screen or video demo of DVB/DTV Extension Menu ?

hi Enritr,
here are some pictures of the menu

2 Likes

Board is ready, and can be purchased from gearbest : VTV

2 Likes

Are there any EU stock store? and congratulation with the final product.

dear vrabac,

thanks.
Now there is only one stock in ShenZhen China of gearbest has VTV. and normally you can receive
VTV within two weeks after purchase from gearbest.

@Frank.DTV I know that about gearbest, still need to pay custom (and all what goes within) in Österreich which makes everything a bit more expensiv.
But thank you for your replay.

PS: Any news on Linux field? I know @kszaq wrote that LibreELEC should have some driver included which may work with Linux, did anyone test this? I hope @kszaq did got an sample for testing :).

dear vrabac,

our team is focus on Android platform now, for linux platform still no plan.

thanks & best regards.