Burning Tool no Device

Tried Mmallow still nothing black screen. Not sure what is next I do not have a serial console cable

Is there Nothing else??

This actually bricks the device so if you have the same issue as me and @barhom then don’t follow this advice your device will not be usable

@gcvanasel
Are the driver really installed on your system?
Check this guide from Driver Installation but use Khadas provided Burning Tool installation file. Re-run installation as Administrator.

1 Like

This is log from Serial Console:
holding power button, press restart for 1sec, hold power button until you see “VIM” on your monitor, count 5sec more and release. This is what i get.

Start read misc partition datas!
info->attemp_times = 0
info->active_slot = 0
info->slot_info[0].bootable = 1
info->slot_info[0].online = 1
info->slot_info[1].bootable = 0
info->slot_info[1].online = 0
info->attemp_times = 0
attemp_times = 0
active slot = 0
wipe_data=successful
wipe_cache=successful
upgrade_step=2
[OSD]load fb addr from dts
[OSD]fb_addr for logo: 0x7d851000
[CANVAS]addr=0x7d851000 width=3840, height=2160
amlkey_init() enter!
amlkey_init() 71: already init!
[EFUSE_MSG]keynum is 4
[BL31]: tee size: 0
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[usid] not programed yet
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[mac] not programed yet
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[deviceid] not programed yet
gpio: pin GPIOAO_2 (gpio 102) value is 0
detect upgrade key
gpio: pin GPIOAO_2 (gpio 102) value is 0
InUsbBurn
[MSG]sof
Set Addr 6
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg
set CFG
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg

Reboot button, and press Ctrl+C to stop autoboot:

Start read misc partition datas!
info->attemp_times = 0
info->active_slot = 0
info->slot_info[0].bootable = 1
info->slot_info[0].online = 1
info->slot_info[1].bootable = 0
info->slot_info[1].online = 0
info->attemp_times = 0
attemp_times = 0
active slot = 0
wipe_data=successful
wipe_cache=successful
upgrade_step=2
[CANVAS]addr=0x7d851000 width=3840, height=2160
amlkey_init() enter!
amlkey_init() 71: already init!
[EFUSE_MSG]keynum is 4
[BL31]: tee size: 0
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[usid] not programed yet
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[mac] not programed yet
[KM]Error:f[key_manage_query_size]L507:key[deviceid] not programed yet
gpio: pin GPIOAO_2 (gpio 102) value is 1
Product checking: pass!
Hit Enter or space or Ctrl+C key to stop autoboot – : 0
kvim#
kvim#
kvim#
kvim#run update
InUsbBurn
[MSG]sof
Set Addr 8
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg
set CFG
Get DT cfg
Get DT cfg

Every time device is found correctly:

1 Like

Hi, @gcvanasel @barhom can you follow what vrabac mentioned above to check again?

as this is developer board an Serial Console cable is a must have. maybe @barhom have one and can check what is wrong with device. @gcvanasel already wrote he don’t have one, but maybe someone from your friend do have an.

Thanks @vrabac for the suggestions although I have followed the exact same steps someone posted on FreakTab unfortunately no result. The drivers are definitely installed. Is it possible to create a bootable SD in windows like http://docs.khadas.com/develop/CreateBootableSDCard/

There is an howto where some windows tool are used. I don’t know if this works, but always use image khadas provided.

I don’t know which VIM version does @barhom have (non-pro or Pro), but maybe there is something wrong with non-pro version and entering upgrade mode.

@Gouwa is upgrade mode same as recovery system? and how to enter recovery system? From above logs i posted regarding serial console i don’t see anything about recovery.

It’s for Linux PC, and for Windows users, please follow the Upgrade via uSD Card on Windows.

Thanks @Gouwa & @vrabac will that have U-Boot on the SD card? Then another thing the VIM boot from USB?

I even went through Windows System Events since I got the VIM and there is no registration of the device being picked up

I don’t know if that mSD will have U-Boot files on it.
I can’t help you anymore as i don’t know any other method to try, and without serial console cable log this would be even harder.

And also i don’t have non-Pro version, and i guess there is something else different then eMMC 16GB and WiFI card. But I don’t work for khadas so i really don’t know internal stuff.

The differences to the Pro and Non-Pro shouldn’t play effect here. I will get a TTL Serial cable tomorrow and spend another $20 on this project.

Thanks for trying to help though I appreciate it

Hello, Serial to USB adapters can be found for much less. For instance, Geekbuying has a unit for about $2(USD) that is sold for the GeekBox but works for others too.
I know you guys are frustrated, I think a solution will be found. :slight_smile:

That to much for an USB Serial Console cable
I bough my 2 years ago and payed 9$, but for sure there are cheaper ones

I live in South Africa and waiting another 2 weeks just for a cable is ridiculous. If I knew it was this crappy to update the VIM I would have ordered the TTL cable as well

@gcvanasel maybe @barhom have such cable and can test before you buy one yourself. I am not sure if that cable will help you update your VIM but for sure it will tell us more info what is going on.

So basically what you are telling me is that the TTL Serial Cable will only provide us with Information? I will not be able to alter the device in any way? So I am wasting money on a bricked endless money pit here?

@gcvanasel If you check my post 75 the second part you will see that the boot process can be stoped and writing “run update” command in “kvim#” will bring my VIM Pro in upgrade mode.
I am however not sure what you would be able to do with your VIM!