Build Android (6.0/7.0) - system ui has stopped

What exactly are you going to modify?

follow post what Terry mentioned, with that modifications

1. $ cd ~/khadas/mmallow
  2. $ source build/envsetup.sh
  3. $ lunch kvim-userdebug-64
  4. $ make -j4 otapackage

ā€œproblem isā€ that console is working and suprisely, system ui windows is disaapear tooā€¦ I will try that under Android 6 nowā€¦ (so lunch kvim-userdebug-32 instead)

so all is about that userdebug mode? :open_mouth:

ok, so I can confirm, that if I run compilations as userdebug, with ā€œsystem ui has stoppedā€ issues is gone and linux console is accesible and controlable. This is valid for Android 6 and Android 7.

so sorry, that Iā€™m gave up that way, I have something else to do. Iā€™m ok for sure with this debug image, what ever is means.

For 32bit compilations I follows the doc, just

cd ~/project/khadas/mmallow
$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch kvim-userdebug-32
$ make -jN otapackage

for 64bit system I have issues with not enought host memory (limit JDK to use only 4GB), so I need that, first

export JACK_SERVER_VM_ARGUMENTS="-Xmx4g"
./prebuilts/sdk/tools/jack-admin kill-server
./prebuilts/sdk/tools/jack-admin start-server

and than I can do compilations, similary like

source ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch kvim-userdebug-64
make -j4 otapackage

hope is helps Gytis and othersā€¦ that userdebug helps me.
note: Obviously needs to be add these rule updates, atleast Iā€™m add for compilation

1 Like

Before rebuilding did you include rule updates that @Terry provided?

I did rebuild Nougat without those updates just in userdebug so it still fails on ā€œsystem uiā€ error, now rebuilding with those updates.

good point,
Android 6 with the rule-update, (but because Iā€™m not rollout changes back)
Android 7 without (because even Iā€™m add missing semicollon, I have still some syntax error, so rollout all changes back)

With rules:

[quote]allow platform_app property_socket:sock_file write;
allow platform_app system_prop:property_service set;[/quote]
added to system/sepolicy/platform_app.te and using lunch kvim-userdebug-64 instead of lunch kvim-user-64 it finally works - no system ui failed error :smiley:

Thanks @Terry and @TomasFilip :slight_smile:

I have the same issue using nougat, but i canā€™t find these files, using root browser.

I have enabled hidden files, but canā€™t find sepolicy file under system folder.

Itā€™s not on device, look it up in sources before you build.

I didnā€™t build anything, i receive this error on Nougat build.

Quite simply, the main reason for this problem on Android devices is that the application you are developing is not compatible with Android. After deleting this application, the system ui has stopped problem should be solved. After uninstalling, if the issue is still not resolved, it will be helpful to enter safe mode.