Build Android (6.0/7.0) - system ui has stopped

Hi Terry,

I’m focused on Android6 today. I’m quite sure I’m update that files, because during compilations I’m got some typo errors, what I’m fixed, if I’m makes update right (even I’m try recompiled all so: make clean; make -j4 otapackage) again.

The results is same, only have feeling is takes like 2-3 second, when windows is appear.
Just point, what i’m not mentioned, sorry for that. I’m not able controll the system by console in my both Android builds. Simply data are sent to terminal (LNX_RX/TX) but no response from system. Where khadas build I can normally controll the system. Can be that this issue?

today I’m add a log, from first start and second start.
https://www.mediafire.com/?g35eddr6mgrjf1w

Can you provider the android log and not kernel log for me?

$ adb connect IP_ADDR
$ adb shell logcat > logcat.txt

Thanks very much.

Need to add ; in the end otherwise it fails build with syntax error. Nonetheless, it didn’t help - after starting Android it’s system UI is stopped :worried:

Thanks for your feedback. Can you provide the android log for me? Thanks!

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to connect to ADB via network…

Maybe by default device isn’t listening? I know in Lineage OS developer settings you need to explicitly enable ADB over network.

Any other way to grab log?

I couldn’t browse much as “System UI stopped” kept triggering :worried:

Also I noticed MAC address changed after my last image upload. Is it the same as with GeekBox - MAC address isn’t stable? Is there a way to burn it permanently?

Regarding the MAC address, you can refer the Duplicate MAC Addresses and Serial Numbers.

@Terry will follow other issues.

about ADB I’m try yesterday a lot, but I’m gave it up for Android6 and try today in fresh compilation with Android7

I can run ‘debugging mode’ in android6. Even I’m able to brings wifi on, so either I have in adb list device by network or usb I had unauthorized devices. (one with IP and second with 123456789ABCDEF) Non of the examples here not helps:

what I’m see, or guess is missing, when I’m enabled debugging mode is missing info about RSA keys.

then I’m even try (was hard :slight_smile: ) install the console program and run catlog from that. Unfortunately I’m not able to transfer file from VIM to host. Is missing either usb normal connections or I haven’t rights to write to USB stick/micro SD card.

and next point, log should be so short… in normal android i’m see log is around 800Kb, where is a few kB. So probably only chance is make “real” screenshots from cat the log text. I’m not really looks into, but can be there is something like missing partitions 8 on emmc? Because this what I’m saw it in log.

I would like try today Android 7, maybe will be not painful.

Would USB TTL output be sufficient?

I’ll setup the one I have from GeekBox :relaxed:

Looks like error might be here:

Full Kermit log here.

Notice mistype in here: comm=“ndroid.systemui” - maybe required rule is already but it fails due to typo (“ndroid.systemui” instead of “android.systemui”)?

I need the android printing log. Can you provide it for me? Thanks!
$ logcat

Impossible - ADB sees device as unauthorized and it is not possible to authorize it from device because UI doesn’t work :unamused:

Why can you got the kernel log? By serial?
Also you can get the android log by serial.
$ logcat

Yes, by serial (USB TTL). But how do I get Android log? I can’t type in Kermit window…

You can refer to Setup Serial Debugging Tool
Of course, you need to type ‘enter’ button on your keyboard to enter input mode
If you still don’t type in Kermit after doing that, you maybe need to check the connection of serial

Hello terry,

i have fully working USB-TTL connections, and I’m not able to type anything when I’m use image for android 6. Simply VIM not able to receive any character (I’m got data from VIM, isn’t accept any). Normally when I’m run your pre-recompiled, I can control vim that way. For that reason I’m try yesterday to do by internal console program to get the log.

In next hours I will try android 7, what I have same issues, maybe I have more luck to get the log. (console control isn’t working same way like in Android6). And what I’m for sure want to try is store whole image to try. but this will be later, if I have still same issue
with android 7

I’m very sorry for that and I forgot the serial debug issue. You need to refer to the post

Same story with me - kermit stops at:

And it doesn’t go until kvim# where typing in could be possible…

ok, heh, this read only flag is funny here… of course, i will start compilation again without it…

What exactly are you going to modify?

follow post what Terry mentioned, with that modifications

1. $ cd ~/khadas/mmallow
  2. $ source build/envsetup.sh
  3. $ lunch kvim-userdebug-64
  4. $ make -j4 otapackage

“problem is” that console is working and suprisely, system ui windows is disaapear too… I will try that under Android 6 now… (so lunch kvim-userdebug-32 instead)

so all is about that userdebug mode? :open_mouth: