Armbian + KODI (Ubuntu\Debian) for SD & USB & eMMC

I tried kvim2_linux.dtb, no difference. Then I tried some of the other dtb, still no impact. Indeed, even if I place a completely unviable dtb.img Armbian boots fine but modprobe dhd always fails.

When running the Khadas server image from emmc I can find no apparent active dtb.img. My vim2 seems to have some hidden dtb that I cannot override!

I once again spent time for check. Source systems VIM2 Max 3\64 (with MultiOS_3_in_1 installed). Downloaded the server image

Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.9.40_server_20180315.img

Unpacked and recorded to a USB flash drive 4Gb. Added dtb (kvim2_multios). Connected to the VIM2 and run. Performed the initial configuration of Armbian. After the VIM2 auto reboot, logged in as root and executed the “modprobe dhd” commands . The module was installed without any problems and wlan0 appeared in the ifconfig output.

Thank you for your ongoing support for me. And for all your Armbian and Amlogic contribution. I will keep trying to find my error.

Image update Armbian 20180323 kernel 4.14.11 . Works wired network, USB, monitor (you can change the screen resolution on the fly). The images are in the "test"directory.

Finally worked out my mistake - I was running the Khadas Ubuntu server image (flashed via USB). Each time I booted Armbian from SDcard in fact I was getting the Khadas kernel & DTB from emmc. Since I loaded your Ubuntu server image (via kvim2-update) I can now test fine.

Thank you again

Image update Armbian_5.41.1_20180406 kernel 3.14 (dir mali6/5.41.1-KODI-17.6).

1. In this version it is possible to use additional screen resolutions. For this, you need in file /boot/hdmi.sh instead of the standard value to specify the new value. A list of possible screen resolutions can be found at the end of the file /boot/hdmi.sh. Please note, not all of these values will work.

2. There is the possibility of fast editing of the parameters of the command line that is passed to the kernel at startup (without having to recompile the script s905_autoscript). Now these values are in plain text file uEnv.ini. If necessary, you can add your own values or change existing ones.

Your work is highly appreciated, it’s too bad you don’t have more developers that could work with you.

Test image Debian + KODI-18.

To run KODI-18 , you need to perform additional configuration of the system.

1. you need to remove the package “pulseaudio”
  2. Switch to the test repository (disable all other repositories and enable “test” in the sourceslist file). Then install a new version of libc6-2.27 from the test repository).
    After these steps, you can use KODI-18 as usual.

Add test image Ubuntu + KODI-18.
To run KODI-18 , you need to perform additional configuration of the system.

1. you need to remove the package “pulseaudio”
  2. Switch to the “bionic” repository (disable all other repositories and enable “bionic” in the sourceslist file). Then install a new version of libc6 from the “bionic” repository).

After these steps, you can use KODI-18 as usual.

Image update Armbian kernel 4.17-rc1 20180420 (directory “test” on the website). Now in the mainline kernel works HDMI, USB, wired network. I won’t reveal all the surprises that should happen in the near future in the mainline kernel.

Can’t wait to see these surprises :slight_smile:

this is very good news !