Armbian + KODI (Ubuntu\Debian) for SD & USB & eMMC

Wired network did not work. Wireless did not check.
The system (Armbian_5.32_S905X_S912_Debian_jessie_4.9.26_server_20170823.img.xz) was installed on a memory card.
Can anyone else check the operation of the wired network?

The server image is not checked, but Ubuntu-Mate the network is working, cloned a few rap at 300-800 MB, downloaded via the browser of several files at 200 MB. Problems with the wired network not found.

Образ сервера не проверял, но в Ubuntu-Mate сеть работает, клонировал пару реп по 300-800 Мб, скачал через браузер несколько файлов по 200 Мб. Проблем с проводной сетью не обнаружил.

Wired network does not work on all server test images? Or on some versions of the kernel there are working images?

Проводная сеть не работает на всех тестовых сборках? Или на каких-то версиях ядра (кроме 3.14.29) работает проводная сеть? Могу протестировать.

Я не проверяю каждый имидж по всем параметрам работы (на это нет времени). Я написал, что в последнем образе 4.9.26 с Ubuntu-Mate (ядро и модули у них общие для всех образов) проводная сеть проверена и точно работает.

1 Like

New image 20170828 kernel 4.12.9.

In this way there is support for USB on the platform S905X. You can run the system from SD cards and USB flash drives. Changed the activation system monitor, now it is built into the kernel itself. To change the screen resolution, you need to use standard tools from control monitor on a desktop. The resolution changes on the fly (directly on desktop). Not working yet WiFi. For s905x recommend to use a file meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x or meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim1.

2 Likes

Version Armbian 20170901 with kernel-next 4.13.0-rc7 with a working USB S905X.

1 Like

On the screen enter username and password (in lightdm) in the upper right corner of the screen there is a menu where you choose which GUI to run. The list will be three items (two rows with kodi) and the last line mate. Select mate (something opposite mate was the point), then enter the username and password. The system remembers the last selected mode. If at the next login or what not to choose in this menu, system at the entrance will trigger the option that was turning off in the previous session.

Update TEST images kernel 4.13.0-next_20170905. In these images there is USB support for S905X and S912.

Please to those who have VIM2 (s912) to check the USB in these images.

Hi, Balbes150:
You still haven’t got the VIM2 device? :smile:

I was told that within 1-2 days to deliver. :slight_smile:

Hello balbes150, it will be several hours before I get to the cave, but I will start testing when I get there.
Thanks for all of your efforts on the VIMs.

3 Likes

@balbes150 USB has been working for me on the test versions (I’ve only used a keyboard to test). The only issue I’ve had is a slight graphic distortion, but it might be the cable or monitor I’m using.

Edit: Tested Mate and XFCE versions as well

1 Like

Used Mate image, USB wired keyboard and trackball work.

1 Like

Can you show (take a picture), or describe what kind of distortion you get ? Which monitor / TV is used and how it is connected (directly or via adapter) ?

Hi, thank you for the test. You have no image distortion is not observed ?

No distortion observed. I mostly booted, checked USB and did not spend much time with it due to prior commitments. I will look for distortion next go. Might be helpful to know when/where the distortion is affecting the display.

Hi @balbes150,

Which dtb should I use for VIM2? I’ve tried meson-gxm-q200.dtb and meson-gxm-q201.dtb, but the usb is not working.

Thanks.

What image check ? What model VIM2 (pro base max) ? I don’t have VIM2 , so check the images on Vega S96 (dtb vega-s96). Last image 4.13.0-next_20170905 USB works (keyboard, mouse, can run from USB flash drive).

Hi balbes150,

The image is Armbian_5.32_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.13.0-next-20170905_mate.img, and the model is VIM2 Base (2GB/16GB).

I’ve tried meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb, the usb is working on VIM2, and meson-gxm-q200.dtb is ok too. I just did something wrong. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’ve tried other ROMs on my VIM2 and they all had the distortion so its not balbes150’s ROMs. I’ll open a new thread to keep this one from going off track to get a solution.