Android Nougat V170612 Rom Release

@Terry what does code proposed from you do?

@Terry, update, today iā€™ve tried to restore nougat to factory settings, reinstalled most of the apps i need, and now after few hours of testing i didnā€™t see this bug.

I believe some app or some setting could have caused this, but i havenā€™t figured out which.

Sometimes it would show up immediately after booting, sometimes i would need to wait 1-2 hours, but it would always show up.

I hope this wonā€™t happen again, because it would make this device useless for me.

Hello

Seems the ā€œUpdate&Backupā€ that Iā€™ve used with 170412 Nougat to activate the multi-boot isnā€™t available for V170612 Rom Release.

Is there any other way to activate multi-boot?

Tkx.

ezlmf

If you have serial console connected to your device you could try to stop autoboot in u-boot and type ā€œupdateā€ there or ā€œrun updateā€.

As I wrote in this post ā€œUpdate&Backupā€ just reboots into u-boot with ā€˜reboot_mode=updateā€™ and install multiboot if contained on microSD.

After enabling the SuperSu binary and rebooting, the rom will not boot.
It is stuck on the boot animation .

Any ideas?

Please donā€™t update the SuperSu binary
Thanks.

I am using version 2.79 that came with the rom.
And I did not update Supersu at all.
I have to enable Supersu for root to work correctly.
What is the point of this rom with out root working.
The Marshmallow rom works as it should with root.

Whatā€™s the means of you?The SuperSU work properly.

All I am asking is what will work to get Supersu working
for this rom.
Like I said before the rom goes into a boot loop with root
enabled.
None of the past roms have this issue.

I donā€™t understand which version you are using, root is working on the latest Nougat rom, maybe you arenā€™t using the correct version?

If you update su binary, rom will stuck in boot loop, so this step isnā€™t recommended.

Iā€™m using this version along with Kodi 17.3 from Google Play.

When playing 4k, the CPU usage is quite high, >80% at all time.

How could this be hardware accelerated?