Android Nougat(7.1.1) Source code available for download

You can use wifi adb
$ adb connect IP
$ adb shell

1 Like

Terry, time to bed :slight_smile:
(Joking, actually, its midnight here in China at the moment )

1 Like

Yes, I connect on wifi ABD.
I sent top & logcat on your email.
The system begins to slow down when loaded. For example, YouTube has launched and opened settings.

Any plan to mirror the repos from github to Chinese local Internet hosting service, like oschina, taobao git, or others ?

The oschina and some others has the function to import the github repos. So the only change should be the manifest.xml.

The net speed is extremely slow in China, even through proxy.

Yes, it’s terrible!

Currently, we don’t have any plan to host source code on China local server yet, as we tend to use Github as the only server to got update.

But if needed, we will tarball the repos and upload the Baidu Yun first, so just let me know if you need.

Thanks!

Yes we need it, and thanks.

From my experience, both the uploading and downloading using BaiduYun is slow too(mostly, <100KB/s) if one don’t have the BaiDu VIP account. At the same time, the oschina/csdn/taobao and other code hosting website would get full speed.
Yes, adding other git remote needs an extra git push.

If you choose to flat the repos, may be you can append the ’ --exclude-vcs ’ option or something like this to reduce the size.

what is GAPPS ? please

@Boudour when you make a custom Android image, eg. something like Lineage OS, it will not include Google apps, like google play store by default, so you need to get those separately,

to by pass that problem, Gapps is a package that contains a set of apps you can install on your android device which contains apps made by google like play store, play music etc.

you can get the app package based upon the Android version and Architecture you have. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Google services. :point_up::slightly_smiling_face:

and is that legal to use in a commercial product ?

Why not, if there is a license for example

where is the license ?

I gave it as an example, but I’m sure that Khadas has everything according to the law, if that’s what you’re talking about :wink:

@Boudour GAPPS is an open source project, the license permits us to use it, under its terms,

in this case the License is GPLv3 (GNU general public license)

1 Like

I heard something about the Google services license, but I never delved into this process, since they are practically everywhere, yes, and by the way, it seems to come from Amlogic with their very initial firmware

1 Like

so we can use some google services in commercial issues but we have limitation all i know is to get the android tv license must pass by a conform test by google

1 Like

Now I understand you, buddy, yes, indeed, there are certified ATVs, but there is a simple shell (usually from romodels), certified ATVs usually include streaming services, such as Netflix, etc. with full support up to 4K (Dolby Vision and 5.1 sound).

1 Like

yes well we are trying to create a smart TV boxes and we need ATV certificats we are testing khadas vim3 pro and odroid n2 so we are trying to undrestand AOSP and How ANDroid TV works

1 Like

I love your idea, your direction! by the way, do you know about a device like Nvidia shield TV? this is a fully certified Android TV!

@Vladimir.v.v do you mean Widevine certification ?

1 Like